10.11.2012

Halloween Flashback: Bat Toppers with Template

MerMagSecurityEnvelopeBatTopper1
I have loved reusing household items for craft projects for some time now. And one of my favorite free paper products that we always find in our mail box - oh nearly every day - are beautifully diverse security envelopes. A couple of years back I reused a collection of these security envelope patterns for these simple and fun bat sandwich toppers.
MerMagSecurityEnvelopeBatTopper2
And of course these would also make great cupcake toppers, place setting labels, scrapbook decals, you name it! And now I'm offering a template for these little bat friends.
MerMagBatTopperTemplate
To make it easy, you can fold your paper and place half of the bat template on the fold, trace and cut. Or you can use the entire bat template if you don't want a fold in your paper bat. It's up to you!
MerMagSecurityEnvelopeBatTopper3
And next week I hope to have a brand new Halloween craft that I'm super excited about! And...Baby M's birth story should be hitting the blog next week as well. Here's hoping I can get enough sleep and keep my head on straight to make this all happen!

And I hope you have some haunted fun lined up for this weekend. Corn mazes? Haunted houses? Hay rides? Apple picking? Pumpkin patches? Or just sipping on some apple cider while eating pumpkin donuts and watching spooky shows? October weekends are some of my most favorite in all the world. I'm quite certain I'll have to slip out of the house for a few of these festivities soon.

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to recycle junk mail and to make it a Happy Halloween! Yes, have fun everyone during these festive October weekends.

    ReplyDelete