9.27.2011

[from boring bin to a...]

gildenbin1

I'm not a big fan of run-of-mill office items, so whenever I would look at this boring wire mesh office bin (which held my wrapping paper rolls) I would cringe a little. I'm not even sure where it came from. My college dorm days? Jon's? I don't know. Wherever or whenever it came from, it needed a face lift. So with a little gold spray paint and minimal effort I was able to transform this drab little bin into a gilded win (I know...where do I come up with these fantastically cheezo titles, right?...).

gildenbin2
Now I love it so much that I can't bear to hide it in the back room with all the rest of my craft supplies. So it makes a statement here in the living room/office area.
gildenbin3
Oh how I love simple transformations that have a pleasing and strong impact in then end. Total win.

10 comments:

  1. That turned out amazing! Looks so much better you wouldn't even know they were the same item really :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Genius. I think I'm going to have to copy you. What a great idea!!!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! Such a clever way to make a boring trash can look stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. you're great.

    2. this is so genius. I have a very similar trash can and I was looking at it with disgust just the other day, but this never occurred to me! so simple.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! p.s. Just thought I'd let you know I love your blog - self-confessed mer magaholic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything you touch seems to turn to gold. Winning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! It's easy to just ignore ugly office stuff but I guess there's no reason to, I'd be much happy with gilded items!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! This is awesome... makes me go... DUH! Why didn't I think of that! I found your project on Pinterest and am going to be sharing it on my blog series today Spray Painters Anonymous. {with proper link back of course} Please stop by and take a look!

    Have a great day!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,

    Found you through Pinterest (a pin to the gold waste bin, which looks great).

    Did you paint the wood paneling yourself? If so, will you share the color? I'm thinking of painting similar paneling but am unsure of what color to use.

    Thanks!

    Carey

    ReplyDelete