9.21.2011

[DIY costume ideas on...]

countryliving
Hi Friends! If you are like me, you are anxious to get your kids costumes in the works in order to leave time for lots of Spooky fun during the month of October. And if you want some great, yet simple, costume ideas, Look no further than CountryLiving.com. Our knight costumes from last year were in the line up as well as several of other clever costumes, including some great ones from a handful of friends such as Brooke, Christy (an old art school friend who is the queen of clever costumes! See more from her here and here) and Gabby. You are sure to be inspired!
knights3
And for the knight costumes, if you don't happen to have a vintage art smock pattern lying around, I think the bias trim apron, from Leisel's Oliver + S Little Things to Sew, would do just the trick.

So my question for you is, when do you start making your kids costumes? Do you wait until the last minute or are you scheming up ideas throughout the year? And do you dress up with the kids?

4 comments:

  1. Good I need ideas! I'm considering a cute garden gnome (in a non gnomeo and juliet way) costume for my baby girl.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a head's up- your link to Country Living isn't working. But I think I'll try hunting down the article anyway since I'm still on the hunt for the perfect costume for my 5 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mer,
    I laughed when someone told me the kids superhero costumes were on Country Living.. funny to see you on there too. I'm happy to be in such good company!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete