9.24.2009

[sniffles, sleepless nights and...]

settlingin1
Thank you all for you kind wishes for our little move across town. We are slowly unpacking everything and trying to settle in a bit. It's been a crazy week of preschool starting for little A, sniffles that are keeping baby O up (for far too many hours of the night) and a whole lot of sorting and arranging (and then rearranging) going on around here.
settlingin2
I'm happy to have the dining area slowly come together. This room was what sold me on the apartment (along with the cute little kitchen). It's been my respite for when all the boxes, sorting and finding a place for that one random thing that doesn't seem to belong anymore, starts to get to me. And I've enjoyed using the left over lemony tea party candy as bribery for little A's help (or an incentive to stop pestering his brother, to be more to the point.)
settlingin3
Hopefully I'll be getting my act together here soon so that I can start fun holiday projects and keep the posts rolling. Right now I better catch some Z's before baby O wakes for the first round of midnight tossing and turning.

15 comments:

  1. That room looks so nice already, good luck with unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know exactly what you're going through! our first home settles tomorrow! so we're trying to get organised to get in there and paint this weekend, and to move in next weekend. my little 11 month old daughter also has the sniffles and a temperature! it's all VERY exciting though! i hope both of our little families settle in nicely...i like what you've done so far. Jaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new dining space looks great...very relaxing...the lighting makes it look kinda dreamy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light in you new home looks so pretty...hope you feel settled in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your space is already so lovely. I can't wait to see more glimpses as you pull it together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dining room looks awesome! Hang in there with the sick baby, I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft floaty cheerfulness. The yellow is beautiful in the room. Hope all is going well with all the changes in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey mer did you pick the place that I saw online when you were here to visit? Or did you pick another place?
    Love the chest of drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey mer did you pick the place that I saw online when you were here to visit? Or did you pick another place?
    Love the chest of drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely..amazing that you can pull it all off so quickly with the two littles and all. enjoying nesting in your new abode.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mer, that room is gorgeous and cozy. :) Im so happy to see you back here ~ missed you lots! Glad your slowly settling in. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://www.jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your swiftness in unpacking is impressive! We have the same dining room chairs, by the way. It's interesting how we have different decorating styles, yet the chairs fit in both homes. :)
    xo
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how beautiful.....I am so glad you are settling in. I love your soft and lovely palette in your dining room. Just gorgeous. I can't wait to see what else you do with your home, and I hope your little ones are doing better soon. I know how that is....
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete