5.07.2009

[a Freebie and an attempt to...]

neato1
A couple of weeks ago I attended an organizing event where I was fortunate enough to meet and glean from LA's Apartment Therapy organizer extraordinaire, Beth Zeigler. Beth, who in addition to blogging is a professional organizer and founder of her own company Bneato, gave a fabulous mini boot camp that I found very inspiring. I was already a big fan of organizing, but after hearing some of Beth's tips I decided I could take it up a notch.

My craft/studio space needed some love...as did my laundry area (I say "area" because there is no laundry "room" in my house. The washer and dryer are outside on the back porch...one of the odd by charming quirks of old school Southern Cal) so I decided to start there. In an effort to make things more fun and visually appealing, and of course easier to organize, I created several assorted downloadable labels that I also wanted to share with you.
neato2a
Click here and you can download all 22 labels. You can use these on jars, boxes, file folders, envelopes, gifts, journals, scrapbooks and really anything else you can think of!
neato4
My arts and craft supplies are now getting a good sorting and look so inviting. This makes me want to paint and create so much more! (Both a good a bad thing...you know, with all that "extra" time on my hands.)
neato3
In the laundry area I decided to do something different with my detergent. The lid to this jar broke while putting it away after the Neverland party - sadness - so I decided to repurpose it. Now I love scooping out detergent which makes doing the laundry that much more enjoyable (every little bit helps right?).
neato5
And of course, my favorite part of the organizing adventure...While I was busy sorting and photographing, my little 3 yr old decided he would do some un-sorting of his own in the button department...(It's a good thing he rather enjoyed re-sorting them by color while putting them back.)

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Organizing is so fulfilling. =)

    I recently bought some glass food containers from World Market with little blackboards on them so you can write what's in it...I thought they were so cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Merrilee!! I love your labels and great idea for laundry detergent!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that button image - BTW - I also love that suger cookies pic in your side bar - where did it come from?? thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. concrete & honey: The sugar cookie image is from the book Cookie Craft: From Baking to Luster Dust, Designs and Techniques for Creative Cookie Occasions. The side bar image is now linked to the book. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Thanks so much for sharing & for "introducing" yourself so that I could find them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Merrilee! These are so adorable! And soooo needed! I have been wanting some adorable labels so, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing these with us! I love them!
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  7. These labels are gorgeous! I especially love the colored pencils jar. So pretty. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh...saw these on Decor8......they are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those labels are so sweet! I love them :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love labels and these are so sweet and pretty! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these labels are so sweet. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The labels look amazing, but I can't download them! The link says 'mobileme is closed'. Is there any other way to get them, like a PDF or something? I hope so - they're so cute. Thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you have these available in a PDF? I can't download them either and I love them so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rats. I wish these were still downloadable!

    ReplyDelete