3.03.2009

[my closet needs a...]

I receive random updates from net-a-porter when my favorite designers (Alice Temperley and Botegga Veneta) have something new in their store (you know, so on the off chance I have $2500 to throw down on a dress I know what's available). This marigold skirt recently found it's way into my inbox and I couldn't get it out of my head. As great as it is, I don't have $750 for such a luxury, so I got to thinking about how I could sew one. My friend Christy recently made this darling skirt from a free Burda pattern found online so the wheels in my head started turning. I did some searching on the Burda Style site and found this killer skirt pattern (shown in the same fabulous marigold color). I must make it. My closet needs it.

8 comments:

  1. I must agree with you - my closet needs one too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I totally almost bought heels that would match these perfectly yesterday. Now you need to search for the perfect pair of pumps for the outfit! -e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - glad you found something on BurdaStyle! You can find almost 70 user creations here: http://www.burdastyle.com/creations?select=withpatterns&pattern_id=31


    Good luck!
    Nora from BurdaStyle

    PS Please post your skirt once you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too am loving the yellow-gold hue lately. i love that skirt pattern. you should go for it! i have looked at the burda style patterns before but haven't ever attempted anything yet. I have fears that they would be difficult to follow, like your friends experience. although her skirt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might have to make the straight skirt. Can I copy you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have been wanting a skirt this color! Love it! I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy that you posted this. I've wanted a mustard/marigold colored pencil skirt for years.

    ReplyDelete