6.11.2008

[chair obsession]

Anyone who knows me probably knows that I have an obsession with chairs....and lets be honest, couches. I have an old winged back chair sitting underneath my back porch just begging to be re-covered (if the poor thing isn't too damaged by now). I'm such a fan of these Black and Spiro chairs that owner Anna Spiro, and blogger of absolutely beautiful things, re-covered. I actually had this exact black look with white piping complete with either initials or some sort of insignia in mind for my office/studio. We are moving now and fear that I won't ever be able to do it with my sad little chair. Perhaps another time...sigh, and another chair (hey, anybody want a free chair that needs a bit of TLC?).

4 comments:

  1. Moving? Information please!
    A friend and I are also learning how to reupholster chairs. I've seen great old ones for sale for $10 around here, just begging for a new life. I can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you on the cahirs. i just recently recieved my "special order" chair from 3 1/2 months ago! it's soft, and gold and I love it. i'll have to post pics on my blog. but i have a blue velvety wing back chair i've been trying to sell for months. you can have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. moving? Do tell.....
    and I hope it's not before the fall because we were coming to visit all ya'll in the South.

    ReplyDelete