4.12.2007

Zara Home - Breathtaking







These pics from Zara Home are breathtaking! This is absolutely my dream decor. I can't wait to go to their store in London as well! (No stores currently in the US). I read once that your dream home is what you see when you close your eyes and image yourself in a place where everything is right. Often times it has been there ever since you were a child.

These images are a perfect synthesis of what I love today coupled with what I have always dreamed of growing up. When I close my eyes, there is always white. White peeling paint, billowing white curtains and white ornamentation. There might be other colors to accent but everything is predominantly white. This may seem odd as I love color and paint so much and want to paint all the walls in my current home. However, when I do get my dream home, I think I'm going to have to go for the all white look in a least one room in the house (one where the kids can't go until they've grown ;)).

I love the few shots of the kitchen here as well. I've been trying to decide what my dream kitchen is and I love what they have done here. I would love to have self-standing cabinets and counters. I love hutches and open shelving. And of course I love white. As far as kitchens go, I think I know more of what I don't want than what I do. I know I don't want anything too modern (i like plenty of modern accents, such as appliances, but a super sleek bachelor pad looking kitchen is a definite NO.) I also know I don't want oak cabinets or anything that looks too middle America cookie cutter (such as my kitchen now - nice but not my dream. Jon likes it though and won't let me paint the cupboards white. He's most likely right that it's best for the re-sell as we won't be here for forever). I've been hard pressed to find pics of kitchens I like (most everything is so sleek and I like withered) so I was excited to see these.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Merrilee, you would love this girl's studio: http://www.heatherbailey.typepad.com/
    She's a fabric designer. Just scroll down to the bottom of her blog. Terese and I love her!
    You have such great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise. Thanks so much for the heads up. I've been to her blog once before and have saved pics of her studio for inspiration. I'll have to post them too. We are so on the same page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Merrilee you stole my line!
    I wanted to say "We are so on the same page!" thats what I planned to say when I clicked on comments.
    I love this style too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carianne, I totally thought of you too when I saw it. It has that breezy beachy feel which is so you. I'm so glad you like it. Lets just all buy one big warehouse and make it look like this :)!

    ReplyDelete